Monday, February 17, 2014

Brew me a cup...





Brew me a cup for a winter’s night.
For the wind howls loud and the furies fight;
Spice it with love and stir it with care,
And I’ll toast our bright eyes,
my sweetheart fair.
- Minna Thomas Antrim


Years ago, a special friend shared her Chai Tea recipe with me. It is so tasty and perfect for cold, wintry weather :)

Indian Chai Tea

4-6 Black Tea Bags
1 quart Water
6 Whole Cloves
6 Cardamom Pods
1 Cinnamon Stick
1/2 Star Anise (optional)
2 cups Milk
1/2 cup Honey

Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Place on medium heat. Bring to almost a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes. Strain to drink. Enjoy! :)

 

9 comments:

  1. Hello, I love Chai Tea, it is so yummy. I love the photo, so cozy and inviting.
    But this has been the driest winter for the plains. This drought has us mighty worried. Praying daily for God to send us a wet spring.
    Blessings and have a wonderful week! Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon! I see a foot of snow outside my window, and 5" in the forecast. I need this tea!! And some warm mittens wouldn't hurt either...

    Hope you are having a good Monday, and keeping warm :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chai Tea is a real treat. I *love* the photo that accompanies this post. I have been by a few times and now I discover that I didn't comment sooner. Hugs to you my sweet friend! Love, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sweet Sharon! How are you on this fine March day? It's so good to pop in and say "Hello!" :)

    Your Chai tea sounds delicious! I love Chai from Starbucks so I am sure I would enjoy this - thank you for sharing.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping in to give you a virtual hug my sweet friend. With love, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello ladies!!!!

    So sorry to not reply back sooner. So much has been going on healthwise and pigwise :)

    I will be touching base soon!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missing you sweet friend. Praying that all is well. XO

    ReplyDelete